Episode 8: Okay Ramblers…Let’s Get Rambling!
Podcast RSS Feed: http://woodsmonkey.podbean.com/feed
Next week PYWP, Outdoors Aloud being taped on location!
Episode 8 and more show notes on the next page!
Equip 2 Endure Updates:
1. Knife Reviews:
Small Fixed Blade Test “Low End” Part 3
- Fury Knife
- Gerber Profile
- Frost Mora Scout
- Frost Mora Classic
2. Survival Techniques
- Fire Technique, Insulating Embers
- Squirrel Field Dress and Cooking
- Water Filter Techniques
- Allergy Relief with Local Honey
3. Discussion Topics
- Physical Conditioning
- Motorola Droid Survival Function Review
- Axe vs. Fixed Blade Knife, Topic Equip 2 Endure
- K9 Kravings raw diet for Ace the GSD, Equip 2 Endure
4. Just hit the 900 subscriber
- Magellan Explorist for Review
- Mcnett Gear Aid Kits for Review
Garrett Camping/Adventure Checklist:
- Survival Kit/Pack
- Sleeping Stuff
- Water/Water Prep
- Entertainment – Pet – Repair Kit
My Packing Tubs (long-term pods to extend my normal pack)
Camera (video/still) gear, Audio gear, laptop, microphones, cords, wireless modem, etc.
- Batteries for headlamps, GPS, etc.
- Check and clean mechanical items like stove. Waterproof things that need it, shoes, hats, etc.
- Check condition of things like sleeping bags, tents, etc.
- Check electronic items for charge and working condition
Trip Itinerary: Adam
Where are you planning to go?
- Include hiking trails
- Camp Sites
- Site Seeing Locations of Interest
- Possible Deviation Point or Interests
- Where are you planning to keep your vehicle (boat/car/rv etc.)
Who will you be with?
Are you traveling with others?
Are visiting others?
– Names and Contacts for each, including the contact information for their emergency contacts.
When you are planning:
- When are you leaving to go?
- Arrival time for the beginning of you trip.
- Departing dates and time of your destination.
- Estimated arrival times home
- Possible deviations coming home
Information about travel area
- Local Hospitals
- Local Law Enforcement
- Local Business you plan on visiting
- Possible Local Lodging
- All contact information
- Medical Information
- Known contacts in the area
- Local Interest and Business
Selection of persons you are giving your Itinerary too.
Two Products by Guyotdesign:
The Microbites: http://www.guyotdesigns.com/Product-Microbites
MightyBowl or Squishy Pet Bowls http://www.guyotdesigns.com/Product-Squishy-Pet-Bowls
Rob from the Canteenshop.com
Scott from the Living History Channel
Quote of the Week
Take away wilderness and you take away the opportunity to be American
– Roderick Nash